4/29/2011

NEW HARRY POTTER TRAILER GAVE ME THE TRAILGASM!

That's right. I just invented a new word.

Trail·ga·sm noun \ˈtrāl-ga-zəm\
: the amazing feeling you get after watching a movie trailer. Like goosebumps on your arms, warm blood of excitement slowly circulating your veins... ya know. (Example: Jason, an avid Harry Potter fan, stood frozen after a massive trailgasm from watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.)


The theatrical trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 came out 2 days ago, and I am not exaggerating when I say I have watched the trailer (in 1080p HD, of course) every hour since it was released. As a matter of fact, I just finished watching it again. And I liked it.

The trailer starts perfectly, gradually beginning with a few, very fine clips while the tune we're oh-so familiar with rings in the background. That 10 seconds of the start was quite enough to give me the chills. The mood was just right; director David Yates' approach  for the finale is going to be...epic.

The trailer continues with the clip of Dobby's funeral, reminding those with short-term memory of how Part 1 ended. Then we hear Voldemort's smooth, evil monologue of how Harry sucks and how he's going to kill him. The background music, that sounds really familiar to the music from Star Trek's trailer in 2009 (I clearly love movie trailers), builds up, provoking dark yet somewhat hopeful feelings to the viewer. All of this going on, while pure amazingness goes on with a close up of Harry's eye, a creepy scene of Voldemort walking through dead bodies, roller coaster ride, dragon, explosions, magic, Hermione, @#f^&^! ... phew, got a little excited over there.

While I'm just going wow after wow, I suddenly get all depressed when Harry goes "I never wanted any of you to die for me" featuring two short clips of Ron and Mrs. Weasley crying over a dead body (I won't give away who it is lol) and another clip of Hermione crying.

Just so we don't end feeling down, the producers amp up the trailer again with even more bangin' scenes that just make you drool over the superb special effects. The music gets louder with the choir screaming their lungs out with their highest pitch (you know things be gettin serious when the choir screams), but all of a sudden, the music and the screen dies down to the final moment of what we all have been waiting for: Voldemort vs. Harry Potter. The trailer finally concludes with yet another (just stop it already!) epic clip of whole bunch of wizards shootin' their magical balls at Hogwarts, making this theatrical trailer one of the best trailers I have ever seen. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, I am ready for you.

If you still haven't seen this life-changing trailer, shame on you. Watch it below... in HD, please.